Well, we are back at the UW Hospital, in our home away from home in the burn unit. I was at work today when David got a call at home that the cultures from Dawson’s knee are growing bacteria. They don’t know what it is (yet), but they wanted D back today to start IV antibiotics. Since D was scheduled for a sedation in the burn unit tomorrow at 8am, they decided that we should just come back here.
So here we are again. They haven’t gotten the IV started yet (if you can’t tell by Dawson’s silly face), and I’m dreading that part – especially since we just removed an awesome IV yesterday. There is talk that he may need a PICC line put in. UGH.
We don’t know how long he’ll be here this time. David is guessing until at least Tuesday, but we really have no idea. I’m sure it will depend on what that bacteria turns out to be.
I know I’ve said this before, but UGH.